How good is your ability to ask questions?
The ability to ask the right questions, to the right person, and at the right time is the most valuable skill one can develop. If you had the chance to interview a wise person, like a parent, grandparent, coach, teacher, mentor, etc, what questions would you ask? A great reference book is Just Ask! by Bill McGrane III.
Here are a few sample questions to get you going.
1) What can you tell me about the most important person in your life?
2) What was the happiest moment of your life? How about the saddest moment?
3) What words of wisdom can you share with me?
4) What are your regrets in life?
5) Is your life what you imagined it would be?
6) Is there anything you never shared and would like to share with me?
7) Is there something about me you would like to ask?
Now go forth and ask questions bigger than your answers!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)