If we don’t learn from history we are doomed to repeat it!
According to historians here are a few of the reasons why the Roman Empire fell. Are we headed for a similar fall? Can you see the following signs?
1) Decline in morals, abandonment of virtues, promiscuity, decline of ethics and values, and lower quality education and the arts.
2) Political corruption and antagonism between the senate and the Emperor.
3) Decline in patriotism and citizens losing interest in government as it became distant to them.
4) Failing economy, large trade deficits, high cost of government, small businesses failures, dependence on foreign goods, high unemployment of the working class, and heavy military spending.
5) Lower birth rates (in part due to infertility).
6) Widespread gambling and entertainment (gladiators).
7) Liberal thinking led to overspending by giving to the poor and class warfare between the rich and the poor.
Are we going to be the generations that watched the fall? Right under our watch?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)