The Will to Be a Champion
Whatever your endeavor in life, make it a game. Make sure you choose the right game to play. Learn the rules, play your heart out, and keep your eyes on the scoreboard. Give your all and you will never regret it. Here are 7 important steps if you want to win in your game of life. Take them to heart, follow them, and you will become and champion in your chosen field.
1) Define and picture your victory. Play the movie in your mind before making the movie. Make you have a clear picture of what your victory looks like. Program your subconscious mind to vividly taste the victory.
2) Commit to your victory. No one else ought to be more committed to your game then you. This is your game, your life. Give your all, full commitment. Involvement and interest does not cut it. It is all or nothing.
3) Deliberately practice. Master the fun-da-mentals! Learn from previous champions. How many shots does it take to become a champion? Imagine how many shots Michael Jordan,Tiger Woods and Pele have taken before becoming champions of their game? Champions take as many shots as necessary to win.
4) Get a coach. If Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods have coaches, what make us think we don’t need one? No matter how good we are, there are many opportunities to improve and get better. Coaches have a vested interest in our victory because it is their victory as well. You have heard the saying that “feedback is the breakfast of champions.” True champions ask the question, how can I get better coach?
5) Persist. Have the “I will until” attitude to get up after every fall. What separates the average player from champions is how fast they get up from their fall. Nothing takes place of persistence. Persistence is more powerful than knowledge and education. The will to win is what makes champions champions.
6) Love the game. Savor every play. Have fun while making the movie to your victory lane.
7) Elevate the game. Champions shine under pressure. Champion make the game fun and look easy for those watching. Truth is that champions are made outside the court. Champions are made in the battle field while practicing the scrip before the game day.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)