Ways to Wisdom
1. Start today. Simplify your life. Commit to be a voracious learner. Don’t wait until you are older. There is going to be a time when it is too late.
2. Acquire knowledge. Get the right information from the right sources. Ask the right questions. Become a sponge for knowledge.
3. Apply the knowledge. Applied knowledge leads to experiences. Learn from your experiences and the experiences of wise people.
4. Reflect on experiences. Take time to think. Document the valuable lessons. Be humble and learn to recognize your faults and areas of weaknesses.
5. Focus on purpose over pleasure. Focusing on a worthy purpose will give you real pleasure. This is not a popular route. Ignore the critics and persist.
6. Build a support network to learn and share. Help others get what they want. Be tolerant and compassionate.
7. Never waste a crisis. Learn from crisis. It is in crisis that we grow in wisdom. Find the lesson hidden in every crisis. Go from one crisis to another without losing your enthusiasm.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy