Sunday, November 16, 2014

David or Goliath?

Are you an outlier?



What separates you from the average person?
Doing what the average person does produce average results. Average results keep getting less and less attractive. We were all created to achieve more, to be above average. What separates the outliers from the average person?

1.      Work ethic. Am I willing to put in the 10,000 hours to master my craft?
2.      Opportunity. Chose the right endeavor. Will mastery allow me to live my dreams?
3.      Not IQ, AQ. Intellect is not a predictor of success, adversity is. Do I have the will to persist in the face of adversity?
4.      Thick skin. Do I have thick skin to withstand the negativity of critics and cynics?
5.      Soft heart. Do I have the emotional strength to demonstrate love and care for people?
6.      Dragon slayer. Do I have the courage to face and slay the dragons and demons that I will meet during the journey?
7.      Love for the game. Do I love playing in victory or defeat?

Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.    
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)

Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment