Personal Success and Real Happiness – Part III
Learnings gleaned over the years from Sir John Marks Templeton
1. Love is the essential ingredient. Loving the lovable is easy. Learn to love the unlovable and your enemies. Love those who despise you. Never judge. Radiate love. Love given is a multiplier.
2. Leverage the power of your faith. Courage is faith in action. Courage comes from a deep desire to care about others. Be empathetic and have patience to endure. What we give out comes back multiplied.
3. Receive strength through prayer. We are all God’s most recent creations. Start and end each day with a prayer.
4. Make giving a way of life. Giving comes from thanksgiving. The world needs your generosity. God loves a generous giver. True material success only comes after generous giving.
5. Win through humility. Take the humble approach to life. Take time to experience the magnificence of God’s creations. We are all here to make contributions. Be faithful and express appreciation to those around you.
6. Discover new frontiers. Take carefully calculated risks. Be willing to try new experiences and new cultures. The most profitable frontiers to be explored are inside us. Have an open mind and a willing hand. The worst form of fear is the fear of truly living. Trust the eternal, not the transient.
7. Seek solutions rather than problems. We all possess talents and abilities. Never envy the talents of others. Choose a field where you can master your talents and abilities. Never forget who gives the ability to find solutions to your life’s most pressing problems.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy