Money and Happiness
Money does not buy happiness, but it certainly can eliminate misery.
Money is not the most important thing, but in order of importance it comes just below oxygen.
Your habits and your best thinking got you where you are today.
If you don’t like where you are, stop listening to yourself.
If you want to more money and be happier then be happier and you will make more money. Chase excellence. Those that chase money either end up rich and unhappy or unhappily broken.
1. How can I make more money? Invest in yourself and in your business. Become an entrepreneur and own a business with a system to generate income. Master the art of friendship.
2. How can I save more money? Spend less than you make. Make more than you spend. Simple, yet so few do it. Sacrifice short term for long term results. Pay down debt. Stop chasing pleasures and entertainment and you will save money. It is rare to find a broke person without cable TV or the latest gadgets, keeping them distracted, spending their time and money on frivolous pursuits.
3. How can I make money my slave and not my master? If you are working in a job for money, money is your master and you are the slave. Stop spending money and start investing money. Learn the difference between an expense and an investment. Invest in assets, not in liabilities. You are the best asset you have.
4. How can I think like wealthy people do? Rich people have money; wealthy people have money, time, health, and friendships. Develop the habits of wealthy people. Get the right information from the right people by reading the books they read and by applying the principles they applied to become wealthy.
5. How can I live a happier life? Detect your purpose and start living it. Develop a happier attitude. We have to give happy to be happy. Happiness comes in the pursuit of excellence. Chase your dreams instead of chasing the wrong idols. Share your blessings with others.
6. How can I find my purpose in life? Your life purpose is already inside you. Your purpose is found in the intersection of your passions, your potential, and your profit. Ask yourself the right questions. What am I passionate about? What can I be the best in the world at? What endeavor can I master that will generate an income to live the life I always wanted to live?
7. How can I make the world a better place? Become better yourself. Be an example worthy of others to follow. Grow in character. Focus on results. Become a master at developing long term friendships. Keep reinventing yourself. Keep on releasing new versions of yourself.
Learn, apply, profit, and enjoy the fruits of your success!
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy