Chasing a dream
How do you go about chasing your dream?
Are you chasing a dream or just going through the motions of life (in a gerbil wheel)?
1. Keep your dream in front and inside of you. Keep it ignited in your heart and your mind at all times.
2. Believe in your dream. Commit to your dream. Belief will come if you are truly committed to your dream. You will experience miracles during the journey towards your dream. You will also expect enormous resistance to achieve a worthy dream.
3. See your dream. If your mind can see and conceive your dream then you can achieve your dream. Keep pictures of your dream in front of you.
4. Talk about your dream. Talk about your dream with yourself and those you trust first, and then talk about it with many people. Be aware of the many dream robbers out there.
5. Develop a plan to achieve your dream. Find the right vehicle that allows you to achieve your dream. Learn wide and learn deep. Learn all that you can about others who have achieved similar dreams. Get going, action cures all fears.
6. Work hard and smart towards your dream. Yes, you have to work hard to deserve your dream. This is where the rubber meets the road. Block all thoughts at quitting on your dream. Expect to make many adjustments to your plan.
7. Enjoy the journey. Give yourself rewards when you achieve milestones towards your dream. Take time to savor the small victories towards achieving your dreams. Bless all those that helped you achieve your dream.
You will know that you area chasing your dream when you feel like a lion chasing a gazelle.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy