Getting out of poverty
1. Change the thinking. Poverty is a state of mind. Focus on success and not on how to remain in poverty. Where there is a will there is a way. We can never take our old selves to a bright new future. Change in thinking is a must to change our circumstances. Get unstuck from thinking like a poor.
2. Get a real education. Not the traditional, the theoretical, but a real education, the one from people with the results you would like to achieve in life. Prepare for a better future.
3. Develop an entrepreneurial thinking. Take full responsibility for your life. Accept the fact that if you want a better future you have to create it.
4. Get out of dependence from others. Government welfare programs keep people in poverty. Entitlement is the worst form of slavery.
5. Learn about money management. Money comes, stays, and grows for those who understand it, respect it, and are good stewards of money.
6. Invest in yourself and in your endeavor. There is only way to have more of something you want, invest in what you want to have more of.
7. Develop a clear vision for your future. Have solid plans to realize your vision. Take action and implement the plan to get out of poverty.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy