The leaders create the culture and the culture produces the results. The most valuable asset of an organization is its culture. The right culture is difficult to create and even more difficult to copy. Technology is no longer the differentiator, leadership is. Here are 7 critical areas to understand and apply about creating the right organizational culture.
1. Create a culture of leadership. Foster influence in the right direction.
2. Take the future into existence. Cast a vision of the desired place to go.
3. Create products of joint learning. Systematic learning compounds over time.
4. Make sure the right conversations take place. Set expectations by the quality of the conversations taking place.
5. Speak the right language and dialects. Every organization speaks its own languages and has different dialects spoken by the various subcultures.
6. Adapt and integrate. Leadership is all about adapting to new realities and integrating them into the day to day actions.
7. Create the environment. People crave to belong to an environment where their unique talents and abilities are valued.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy