Where does confidence come from?
Confidence is directly related to competence. Confidence has to be earned. No one is born with confidence. We all have to work hard at attaining it. Do the inner and outer work necessary to be confident and you will surprise yourself of the things you can accomplish.
1. Confidence comes from belief. Belief comes from knowledge and faith. Faith is the chief determinant of confidence.
2. Confidence comes from purpose. Purpose comes from the internal tension to satisfy a burning desire to accomplish something that matters.
3. Confidence comes from results. Results come from the application of the correct knowledge.
4. Confidence comes from competence. Competence comes from practicing the right practices compounded over time.
5. Confidence comes from character. Character comes from integrity and courage.
6. Confidence comes from positivity. Positivity comes from the ability to see the positive in every situation.
7. Confidence comes from possibility thinking. Possibility thinking comes from a spirit that says “I can do anything because anything is possible.”
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy