Reading like praying is a habit that greatly enhances our positive and uplifting attitude about the world around us. No matter who you are or what you do if you are not reading two great books a month you are falling behind.
1) All great leaders are voracious readers. Reading 30 minutes allows the common person to read 2,000 books in a lifetime. A voracious reader will read over 10,000 books in a lifetime.
2) Reading exercises our brain and expands our thinking and vision. We become the product of our thinking. Why not learn how to think like the great minds do?
3) Reading awakens ideas dormant inside us. Success rarely comes from new ideas, success comes from implementing old, simple, and proven ideas.
4) Reading allows us to borrow the thinking of great authors. The right information is available to everyone. Do you have the hunger to learn and apply what you learn?
5) Reading allows us to create mental pictures of a better future. In life we don't get what we deserve, we only get what we picture.
6) Reading keeps reminding us of the actions to take. Results do not come from knowledge, results come from the right actions from the right knowledge.
7) Let not a day go by without reading. Knowledge compounds faster than money. Knowledge alone is of no value unless knowledge is applied. Applied knowledge leads to results. THe examining of results leads to wisdom.
Be a planter of readers and you will see the world around you with different eyes
Be blessed and a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx