How Hasty Are You?
“Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible” - Francis of Assisi
Wise immigrants are hastier when it comes to taking action as compared to born citizens. Here are the 7 nuggets anyone can learn and apply to achieve uncommon results.
1) Be a fast listener, learners and doer; be a high speed implementer. Speed shift from problem to solution mode. Show your tail lights from your swift action and results. Recover fast from failures.
2) Be available and accessible to those around you especially people in need. Help others get what they need. Success is managed frustration.
3) Be a jack of all trades and a master of one. Choose what you love to do and do it with a zest and vengeance to master your core endeavor. Be nimble. Be a great starter and don’t forget to be a finisher in a world of starters.
4) Be a friendly and fun person to be around. Accept, approve and appreciate others by being like a reed; bending instead of breaking.
5) Have a thick skin and a soft heart. Accept rejection and humiliation as a way to grow your heart. Be a quick finder of talent and invest in people.
6) Lead others and help them grow by spending time mentoring them. Your security comes from the lifelong investments you make in others.
7) Take swift action and never settle for a mediocre life. The future belongs to those who can see and pursue opportunities before they are obvious.
Be blessed and a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx