The second trait of successful immigrants is that we know and value our heritage. It is very difficult to know where we are going if we don’t know where we come from, who we really are. Imagine building a great house on a faulty foundation; the house will eventually crumble when the tremors of life hit us. The majority of youth in America knows little about their heritage. Heritage encompasses so many things like language, foods, music, art, trades, professions, history, geography, etc of our ancestors. Why not go on a journey to discover your heritage so you can enrich your present by knowing where we come from? You can then define your path to a much brighter future. Here are the nuggets about HERITAGE.
1) We preserve our culture and are part of a proud heritage of survivors.
2) We value our history, beliefs, purpose and mission to preserve that heritage.
3) We have vision, a clear picture of where we are going.
4) We have a champion mindset to commit, prepare, and persists until the end.
5) We have strong faith in who we are and what we do. We value and chase freedom to get lifetime security.
6) We improve ourselves and understand that we can’t take our old self to a bright new future. We value our past but never let it rule our future.
7) We live simple lives, lives within our means, even if the world tells us otherwise rejecting us as outcasts. We sacrifice the good so we can have the great.
Be blessed and a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx