Today's nuggets are about Wholesome Faith
Complete faith includes believing in Christ, behaving by living our faith, and belonging to a community in communion with Him.
1) Blessings will come when we do good deeds to those who cannot repay us. Doing is a servant’s language of devotion. Ask yourself, am I sending my treasures ahead to heaven? Imagine your eulogy: rich in good works, willing to share, stored treasures for eternity.
2) Everything we own is on loan. How about surrendering our treasures for God’s priorities on earth? Invest what you think you own now to get what is really your own in eternity.
3) Actions are worthless if motives are to build ego and reputation. Without love good deeds will not benefit the doer.
4) What kind of resume are you building for the judgment day? Imagine the face of your Savior when He reads your resume. Live with great anticipation for the greatest surprise that waits for you.
5) We all desperately long to do something more with our lives. Learn to serve on earth to receive your rewards in eternity.
6) We only start learning after we think we know it all. True change starts when we get the right information from the right sources.
7) The power of knowledge becomes effective when hitched to action. A true community is better than a coat on a cold day. Unkind people need kindness the most. Old friends help you grow old; new friends keep you young.
Be blessed and a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx