The Age of the Entrepreneur – 21
The degrees and diplomas from the past have no bearing in creating a new future, the right experiences and skills do.
1. Entrepreneurs can see things industry insiders cannot see. They know that ivory tower executives are blinded, risk averse and unwilling to change. Entrepreneurs are the captains of future industries. Nothing compares with the thrill of leading an endeavor we create into existence.
2. Entrepreneurs can see the Promised Land. They inspire others to invest time and money into something great and unknown. They know they will never arrive at the Promised Land until they are willing to embrace change and the unknown. Security today is nothing but a perception, an illusion, when reality is changing at such fast and ferocious pace.
3. Entrepreneurs are willing to leave their past laurels. They are willing to lead a new path and inspire followers to do the same. The degrees and diplomas from the past have no bearing in creating a new future.
4. Entrepreneurs are willing to leave what they don’t like. They always want more of what they love, the thrill of the game, and the thrill of winning. We have to let go of the good if we want to have the great.
5. Entrepreneurs achieve the unimaginable. They start achieving what they imagined, and then they start achieving the unimaginable because they learn and grow throughout their journeys. The tangible and intangible benefits of being an entrepreneur are always better than originally envisioned.
6. Entrepreneurs know the answers to their problems are already available. They keep on searching for solutions long after others have given up. After working for three years to create a leadership academy, a similar academy with a ready to deploy system became available.
7. Entrepreneurs’ future is determined by their present actions. They know the right actions will compound over time leading to their dreams. The actions taken to prepare for the right opportunity create a compounding effect.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy