How to survive when faced with your greatest fear
How do you go about surviving when faced with big problems, great uncertainty, and the greatest fear you have ever face?
Here are 7 things you can do to survive and thrive under such predicament:
1. Understand fear. Fear is built into each of us as a defense mechanism. The only way to kill fear is to take action. The longer we wait to take action the bigger our imaginary fears. We all encounter big problems laden with ability to unload fear in us. We have to fight fear to live a great life. There is no other way. Never listen to your fears, listen to your faith.
2. Learn to reframe. Most of what we fear never becomes reality. See the hidden opportunity. Never let fears to add up to a point you become paralyzed. Nothing worthy is ever easy. Have the guts to accept reality and move on taking full responsibility for your life.
3. Have faith. We don’t lack ability, we lack faith. It is in our faith we find the courage to face our greatest fears. We seldom have all that we need to realize the greatest opportunities in life. We must learn as we go, slaying a fear at a time, by taking action as each step of the way is revealed to us.
4. Learn to live with uncertainty. Face each day with the expectancy that problems are certain to come and be ready to meet resistance. Opposition, enemies, failures, and frustrations are all part of the game of life. Face them squarely in the face, be a fast learner and doer, and your success is waiting for you on the other side of all these obstacles.
5. Played safe will get you killed. What was safe in the past is the risky today. Standing still or moving slowly will get you killed. Playing safe serves on one. Explore, discover, innovate, dream, and be the one others wish to be. Become that brave soul living for excellence. Never blame your circumstances, in them you will find the blessings needed to achieve greatness.
6. Don’t worry about looking foolish. Remember others will not know what you are chasing. Your obstacles are invisible to them. Imagine a dog chasing an invisible rabbit. Only you know what you are chasing. The crazy impossible things will keep you going long after others have given up.
7. Unleash the power within you. All you need to succeed is already inside you. Tap into the power dormant inside you. Momentum will carry you through whatever challenges lay ahead of you. Fear living a life of regrets, a life that surrendered to your fears. What have you been called to chase? Think, if it is up to be it is up to me. Have real dreams, face and endure uncertainty and struggle, and go claim your victory! You are worthy!
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy