Reading is the most effective of all habits. Read widely and read deeply.
Read 15 minutes each day and infuse one million words into your mind. What can reading do for you?
1. Read to be free. Reading great books results in decades of ideas and knowledge from just a few reading hours a week. No one has 10,000 years to live; anyone can capture 10,000 hours of experiences from others by reading the great books. Once our minds are free happiness comes natural. Reading frees you from ignorance.
2. Read to succeed. All successful people were hungry for reading the right books. Success is the freedom to be who you are. The great books allow you to get you to know you.
3. Read to exceed. Reading expands your mind and changes you forever. Reading will surprise who you can become.
4. Read to lead. All great leaders are great readers. History is full of self-educated leaders you feasted on the great books; they devoured the classics to find the nuggets they needed to lead them and lead others to live better lives. All great leaders know themselves deeply. Turn the Page by Chris Brady is the best book to inspire you to become a great reader and leader. Turn the Page is written by one of the best communicators in the world today. Learn how to read like a top leader. Read right to lead right. Learn how to turn the page!
5. Read to fix. The treatment for reading narcolepsy is reading. Reading can cure just about anything you are struggling with. Read to be free from fears. Read to find your weakness and fix your shortcomings.
6. Read to believe. If you don’t know which are the best books to read ask a voracious reader for the top book titles. Communities that read have a higher standard of living. Encourage others to develop the habit of reading great books. Even though we know most books are not be read, a few will. The best gift a person can give is a book. Books change lives, one great book I read, now a classic, changed my life forever (The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by the late Stephen Covey).
7. Read to breed. Readers breed readers. If your kids see you reading, they will likely become readers. If you don’t have time to read then make the time to read. Once you falling in love with reading you will create more time to read.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)