Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Thinking about thinking

Thinking about thinking

The only time to do something great with your life is NOW! There will never be the right time to do what matter most. Most people settle for the good and thus never go after the great. Why settle for the good when great is available?

Entrepreneurs are not normal, they think a lot about their thinking and act upon their uncommon thinking. They attack their old thinking with superior new thinking. 

Entrepreneurs chase freedom instead of security. Entrepreneurs are responsible for the future. 

Here are a few things that entrepreneurs are responsible for: generate fun work, create jobs and professions, create the future leaving legacies, create wealth, break barriers for others to follow, remove excuses and cure excusitis, go to uncharted territories, give hope when needed the most, take the I M out of impossible, protect our freedoms, change preconceived ideas, and make the world a better place for all of us! Never is our history we were in such short supply of entrepreneurs as we are now.
Why not be one who changes the course of history?

What are the key traits of entrepreneurs?

Rate yourself from 1 to 10 in the following traits of entrepreneurs (1 rarely thinks about it, 10 totally immersed into it):

1.      I have vision and a cause. I am totally focused where I am going. I am living my purpose. I am a big dreamer. I have clear plans to achieve my goals and dreams.
2.      I know now how to handle failure. I am mentally tough to endure the journey. I know that failure is part of success. I learn from my failures.
3.      I have great courage. I listen to my faith and not my fears. I take action and deal with whatever comes my way. I never let fear stop me from taking the right actions to achieve my dreams and goals. My hunger gives me the courage to go forward in the direction of my goals and dreams.
4.      I am a fast learner. I have high curiosity and love self-discovery. I am totally in love with learning. I am a voracious reader and love to learn. I have great mentors and a follow their advice.
5.      I am a servant. I love people and love to see them develop their individual and team potential. I love to help people get what they want. I am committed to helping others achieve their dreams and goals.
6.      I am persistent. I have the will to stay the course and finish. I quickly re-frame and re-calibrate my thinking to endure the journey. I am willing to do the work required to achieve my dreams and goals.
7.      I am disciplined. I exercise self-discipline to be productive, creative, and innovative. In this new economic age, the entrepreneurial community age, I cannot afford not to think and act as an entrepreneur.

If your score is 60 or higher you already have the traits of an entrepreneur.  Detect your purpose in life and go live it! If you score lower than 60, start thinking more about your thinking. You can acquire all that is needed to become an entrepreneur. Choose to die on a purpose instead of on a pension.

Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)

Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment