What are you so busy about? Are you measuring activities or results? Busy people focus on being busy so they completely fill up their time with all sorts of things. Effective people focus on results from living their priorities. Are you busy just like the ants or the chickens?
1. Financial wisdom. Great financial wisdom is more important than great finances. Own the right assets. Wealthy people accumulate the right assets. Poor people accumulate the wrong liabilities.
2. Priorities. It’s never a good time to do the right thing. Live by your priorities not by your obligations. Practice saying no to anything that does not move you towards your dreams and goals. Busy people often overlook the greatest opportunities because they are very busy.
3. Be Productive. Plans are only good if they turn into productive work. Busyness keeps people trapped for the rest of their lives. Have a long stop doing list. Take time to reflect, to learn, to rest, to recharge. If your are too busy you are wither ineffective or a poor delegator.
4. Plan. It’s very easy not to plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Having the right dreams and goals leads to proper planning.
5. Dig the well. Plan for future difficulties while it is easy. The time to dig the well is now and not when you are thirsty. Imagine being old, sick and broke. Imagine being healthy, wealthy, and wise. A very simple choice. Choose wisely! Hard times are coming again. Be prepared.
6. Needs and wants. Chase your dreams and goals more than you chase your desires and your comfort. Know the difference between a need and a want. Work to deserve both.
7. So Busy. If you have been so busy, how well has busyness been working for you? Mind your purpose not your business. Busyness only gives you a false sense of importance. Time is the most valuable asset we have. Busy people lack the constancy of purpose and a clear vision.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)