If you don’t have perspective get a coach or mentor who has.
1. Learn to learn. The most powerful thing in a human being is the ability to learn. Do you know how to learn and how to discern?
2. Be a leader. Leadership is oxygen to the soul; followership is oxygen to the spirit. Are you ready to lead when you are called to?
3. Read to lead. Join the battle for literacy in America by setting the example. Are you reading at lead two great books a month with the intent to find nuggets to help you to be a better you?
4. Be a servant. The most important role in our lives is the role of servant. Are you available to help others when they need? Are you there for them?
5. Face the scorecard. Leaders keep score. What does your character scorecard say?
6. Be a problem solver. Success comes to those who can solve problems. Significance comes to those who help others think for themselves and solve their own problems. How fast are you to go from problem identified to problem solved?
7. Get a perspective. Sometimes all we need is a little perspective. Can you re-frame what hits you on a daily basis and move forward towards your goals and dreams?
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)