Poverty to Wealth
True wealth is having time, money, health, and relationships.
1. Educate yourself. Literacy is the secret weapon in the war on mediocrity. The person that knows how to read and doesn't read is no different than the person that does know how to read. All wealthy people are readers.
2. Bear fruits. Live a life that bears fruit long after you are gone into eternity. Eternity is a long time to be wrong. Err on the safe side!
3. You are valuable. A life has infinity value; the proof is in the lives of Anne Frank, Helen Keller, Viktor Frankel, and Abraham Lincoln. Live a life that creates a ripple effect.
4. Get out of poverty. Spiritual poverty is the worst of its kind. The next worse poverty is emotional poverty. Build your spiritual portfolio.
5. Leverage your strengths. Our strengths are hidden in our weaknesses. Our greatness is often a by-product of our suffering. No pain, no growth and no gain!
6. Find a true community where you can serve. True community is the fellowship of and for the weak. We were all created to live in community. Serve those in need.
7. Define what you want out of your life. Have your dreams, goals and plans drive your activities. Distractions are the enemy of achievement. Are you being a victim of social busyness? Electronic gadgets are supposed to be your slaves not your master!
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)