Are you fit for life?
1. Uniform. The uniform of a leader is thick skin and soft heart. Have class if you want to be unforgettable. How noticeable is your uniform? How good is your core?
2. Deliberate practice. Practice does not make it perfect; deliberate practice does. Are you following the advice of your coach?
3. Positivity. Ignore the negative, accentuate the positive. Are you being positive when going through the valleys of life?
4. Lessons. Find the victories in your defeats and the defeats in your victories. Lessons are repeated until lessons are learned. Is your gratitude greater than your success?
5. Doing. I can’t teach anything new to you; I can only remind you of what you already know and are not doing. How good is it to know and not do?
6. Questions. Make your questions greater than your answers. Is your gratitude greater than your success?
7. Half time. Make the second half of your life greater than the first half. The first half is about making mistakes; the second half is about correcting them. How is your life intermission going?
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy