1. A leader gets results by caring about the people. Caring trumps intelligence and hard work when it comes to getting results.
2. A leader encourages the people to chase their dreams. Focusing on needs and intentions is insufficient to produce measurable results.
3. A leader keeps the eye on the scoreboard. Corrections based on results are often a must to improve anything.
4. A leader focuses on the leading indicators producing the results. Measuring results is the best tool for a learning organization.
5. A leader appreciates the compounding of victories. Most organizations are compounding their failures by refusing to admit and learn from them.
6. Leaders are always accountable for results. Leaders inspire the managers to focus on the right numbers.
7. A leader’s mission defines the scope of his or her responsibility. How clear is your mission in life?
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy