You don’t need them
1. You don’t need a diploma to be a leader. Anyone can be a leader because anyone can serve. Leaders acquire and apply the knowledge and skills as they perform their duties.
2. You don’t need high intelligence to be successful. Hunger trumps intelligence every time. Most successful people were thought to have low intellect by their intellectuals.
3. You don’t need an MBA to be a high performer. The world is full of mediocre MBAs. Great performers pay the price they must pay.
4. You don’t need talent to be a champion. Deliberate practice trumps talents every time. Don’t believe it? Study the life of every champion and you will find a common thread.
5. You don’t need to come from affluence to have influence. Influence is earned during the process of becoming affluent. We don’t really value what is easily acquired.
6. You don’t need to be popular to make a difference. You may become popular because you made a difference. You have to be different to make a difference.
7. You don’t need that magic pill to be a high achiever. There is absolutely no fast track to high achievement. Be persistent and let your results do the talking.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy