The Best Investment
The best investment you can ever make is not in gold or silver; it is not in savings or stocks and bonds, or in a house, or in land. The best investment you can ever make is in YOU.
1. The greatest asset. Your greatest asset is you. You are the asset that will bring you the greatest return to you.
2. Purpose and vision. Invest in yourself enough to detect your purpose in life and develop the clear vision of where you would like to go.
3. Talents and abilities. Invest in yourself enough to develop your talents and abilities and leverage them to the fullest.
4. Leadership abilities. Grow in your leadership abilities and prepare; the time will come when you will need to lead. Make sure you are ready when that time comes.
5. Time and money. Invest enough time and money until you have enough time and money to live the life you always wanted to live.
6. Want and needs. Invest enough in yourself until you have clearly defined what your needs and wants. Follow the desires of your heart so you can live by your priorities and not by your obligations. Live a life of no regrets.
7. Security. Define what security means for you. Security is no longer where it used to be. Invest enough in yourself until you feel secure.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy