“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
― Nelson Mandela
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” - Helen Keller
Failure is a familiar trauma in life, but its lessons on people vary widely.
What is resilience and how to develop it? Here are the nuggets:
1. Resilience is an individual's ability to properly adapt to stress and adversity.
2. Resilience is the ability to become successful after something bad happens to us.
3. Resilience is that unique quality that allows some people to be knocked down by life and come back stronger than ever before.
4. Resilience means being able to adapt to life's many misfortunes and setbacks.
5. Resilience is the ability to recover from fumbles or outright mistakes and bounce back due to flexibility and humility to learn.
6. Resilience is the ability to face adversity and coming through it even better for the experience.
7. Resilience is the capacity to withstand stress and catastrophe without losing the zest for living.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy