The Power of Asking Questions
There is power in asking the right questions to the right people at the right time.
Great communication comes from asking great questions.
1. Ask who, what, when, where, and how questions. Who can help me get from what to what by when?
2. Ask the why and why not questions. Why shouldn’t I pursue this opportunity?
3. Ask engagement questions. Can you imagine living your dreams?
4. Ask discovery questions. Would you help me understand?
5. Ask perspective questions. What do you think about my line of thinking?
6. Ask open-ended questions. Why do you do what you do?
7. Ask persuasion questions. Can you see you pursuing such endeavor if you knew you could not fail?
Make your questions bigger than your answers and reflect on the answers you get.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy