The LIFE We Always Wanted
We are where we are today because our best thinking got us there.
Something needs to change in order for us to have the proper thinking to live the life we want to live. If we knew how we would already be there!
The life we always wanted is within our reach.
Someone said that 90% of us have low self-esteem and 10% have an attitude problem. How can we change that? Follow the 7 step process below so you too can live the life you always wanted.
1. Have Dreams. Never live another day without dreams. Dreams provide the drive for us to get out of ourselves and do what is necessary to live a better life. The dreams have to be well defined and written. Commit to your dreams.
2. Get a Coach. A coach can see in us what we cannot see in ourselves. Get a coach that has earned the lifestyle you want. All great achievers have had coaches and mentors in their lives. Who are we to think we can do without them?
3. Have Goals. Dreams without goals lead us nowhere. We need to set goals that provide the means to live our dreams. Goals are set in stone and plans are drawn on sand. Goals are realistic, timed, clearly defined, achievable, and written. Plans are flexible.
4. Have Plans. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Goals without plans to achieve them are pure fantasy. Great plans contain the necessary actions and activities directed toward achieving our goals.
5. Work the Plans. We must do the necessary work to implement our plans. Here is where it all happens, where the rubber meets the road. We must be willing to do enough work to change the current until the current turns in our favor.
6. Keep Score. We must keep score and have a process in place to make the necessary adjustments to move towards the goals. Facing the scorecard is important to see where we are falling short or drifting away from moving towards our targets. Learn from failures and victories alike.
7. Savor the Rewards. Peg a reward for each goal achieved. Reaching our goals will boost our self-esteem. See the defeat in every victory to stay humble and keep the attitude in check. Nothing is more exhilarating than reaching our dreams by reaching our goals. Now that we know the process, let’s use this predictable process to produce the predictable results. We can live the life we always wanted to live.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy