Angry and Leaderless
We live in stressful times. Have you paid attention how often people get frustrated and angry? Stress is the silent killer. Redirect your anger or you may have a rough road ahead of your grave!
1. Keep anger in check. When we become angry our emotional intelligence flies out the window.
2. Avoid arguing. Arguing with an angry person is like adding salt to the water, it raises the boiling point.
3. Quick reframing. Successful people go from stressed to alert to determined and to focused in one minute.
4. Get perspective. A few words by a mentor or a coach at the right time do wonders when we are under stress.
5. Let it go. Developing poise under stress is one of the most valuable qualities a person can have. The size of a person is determined by the size of what gets that person upset.
6. Show leadership. The true qualities of a leader are displayed in a crisis when under stress and uncertainty.
7. Exercise self-control. Mastering the art of controlling ourselves changes and saves lives. We have to put the oxygen masks first; save ourselves first before we can save others.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy