7 Things that Kill Relationships
Are you wondering why you are having trouble developing healthy relationships?
Are you wondering why you are not building trust in your relationships?
Are you wondering why you are having trouble building long term relationships?
Think about these nuggets and change your thinking about others.
1. EGO. EGO stands for Edging God Out. EGO often seems to stand in the way when building relationships. Drop the EGO.
2. Being Right. The need to being right is closely related to EGO. Choose to be happy instead of being right. Stop wanting to be right.
3. Selfishness. Focus on improving yourself and the other person will likely see the clues for the need for self-improvement. Take an honest look at yourself and realize that there are likely many areas to improve. Stop being selfish.
4. Grudges. Forgive and forget. If you cannot forget, at least forgive. Unwillingness to forgive is the killer of relationships. Let go of grudges.
5. Not listening. First and foremost listen with intent to understand before you can be understood. Develop empathy towards others. Start listening.
6. Arrogance. Drop arrogance and give others grace. Meet them where they are at. Learn to love no matter how wrong others are. There will be the right time to give tough love, when there is trust in a relationship. Drop the arrogance and pride too.
7. Me syndrome. Serving is a privilege and a responsibility of the great. Be there when they need you. The world does not revolve around you. Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about others.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy