Authority and obedience
1. People who encourage and enable others exercise compassionate authority.
2. Compassionate authority comes from spiritual authority.
3. We give authority to those who are willing and able to walk with us.
4. The leader exercising true spiritual authority is located on top of an upside down pyramid. Imagine authority without obedience.
5. Authority and obedience must go together (Vince Lombardi was a great example).
6. Those with authority and no obedience are outright dangerous; the same is true for the person with obedience and no authority.
7. We can all develop enough faith to overcome our fears.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy