Dangers in Mediocrity
1. Comfort. There is great danger in living the comfort zone. Mediocrity is not safe.
2. Entitlement. Comfort leads to the lethargy of entitlement. Entitlement is the worst form of slavery.
3. Me and me. We when try too hard to be interesting we come off as jerks. The need to trump others is a sign of low self-esteem.
4. Un-polite. It is not polite to think what we are going to say next while others are talking. It is their story so let them finish.
5. No listening. Let’s declare today to be better listeners. Practice and practice listening.
6. Not teachable. You will never regret taking time to listen to a child and our elders. Give them the gift of time, the gift of yourself.
7. Laziness. Our lives will work when we decide to make them work. Just do the work!
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy