Have you thought about the legacy you will leave behind? How many lives will you touch during your journey? What will people know about you two centuries from now? What are your habits? You can leave a legacy. It takes courage to make a positive difference and leave the world for future generations better than we found it. Consider developing the following habits to find your purpose and live it?
1) Resolve to think and act like entrepreneurs do or go out and become one. Anyone can so why not you?
2) Be a lifelong learner. Start by reading great books, listening to great audios, associating with people you respect, writing out your thoughts, and counting your blessings. Go out be and do the unpopular, the uncommon so you can achieve uncommon results.
3) Travel to great places. Learn cultures and languages. Learn how people solve problems in different ways.
4) Focus on spirituality. Harness the power of prayer and reflection. Learn to feed your spirit. Eternity is a long time to be wrong.
5) Take time for leisure. Fall in love with nature. Take time to wonder about the magnificence of creation. Take a hobby like photography.
6) Love to help others. Why not do all that you do with the intent to help others solve their life’s most pressing problems? Become the person you dreamed of when you were a kid.
7) Become an experimenter and learn from all that you do. Take up things like gardening or caring for animals. Learn how to cook. There is great value in innovating and inventing.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)