2) A big component of stress is the gap between who we say we are and who we are. We create our own stress. Changing others is futile since it is hard enough changing ourselves. The other component is competence. Stress also comes from fear. We fear of what we don’t know. When we add competence to character we have trust. When we have full trust in ourselves others will trust in us. And that is the long answer of how to conquer stress.
3) Resolve to have unbreakable character. Start with small changes inside so the outside changes will not have as much of an impact. Little progress over time equals a lot of progress. Humility is to know where our blessings come from.
4) All that we do and stand for is built around our character. Go for internal achievements first. We build competence by pursuing excellence. It takes courage to pursue excellence. Courage is the quality that guarantees all other qualities.
5) The crisis of America is a crisis of leadership and the crisis of leadership is a crisis of character. The crisis of character is a crisis of integrity and lack of courage. We lie to others because we have been lying to ourselves. Self-deception is the enemy of leadership. Read Leadership and self-deception.
6) Success is a matter of mind over laziness. The world cannot keep a good person down. It is time to start addressing the wrongs despite all present fears.
7) How good is it to be technological giants and moral midgets? Have we lost the compass?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)