Want to make your vision a reality? Then start feeding the elephant.
Think the ant as the conscious mind and the elephant as the subconscious mind. Control the images going into the subconscious mind and you will control the circumstances in life. Our subconscious mind is 2,000,000 times more powerful than our conscious mind.
1) Are you programming your neurons or are you allowing others do it for yourself? Learn to control what images goes into your subconscious mind. Advertisers know this very well. That is why companies spent billions and billions sending images into our subconscious mind, they know our elephant needs to be fed.
2) Disciplining the ant allows us to make a living. Disciplining the elephant allows us to make a life and leave a legacy. Feed the elephant your own pictures instead of those from advertisers!
3) Why aren't you disciplining your elephant? Why living to just get by, being average? You were born for more. It takes courage and work ethic to discipline the elephant. It is a big endeavor and it is meant to be. The harder we work to discipline our elephant the harder it is to surrender. Put in the thousands of hours required to discipline the elephant making sure the ant is riding on the elephant and not stepping over the ant.
4) The key question is: do you have the hunger to realize your vision? Do you have the hunger to learn? Learn the value of reading the right books so you can borrow great ideas from others, those that have achieved great success.
5) Success is predictable. Are you predictable? Study successful people and realize that there are no new problems. The answers to common problems are already available. Key is to get the information from the right sources. Careful with the theoreticians, the academics, those that only talk about it but have never actually done it.
6) Develop true belief in your vision. True belief is what differentiates your success. True belief aligns the ant and the elephant. True belief is powerful. Focus on your plan A. Forget plan B and C. Use all you got to master your mental abilities. Learn to master positive affirmations as the food for your elephant. Few do it. Those that do it live the life they always dreamed of.
7) True vision is nothing more than tomorrow’s reality expressed as an idea today. True vision allows us to align our character matching who we say we are with who we truly are. A true vision is bigger than all the obstacles that are sure to come.
The live you always wanted will come to you if you have a big enough vision and your work ethic matches that vision. Remember that elephants like to eat! Above all, for your own sake, protect against vision robbers!!!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)