Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? How do we get out of being sick and tired? Here are 7 things to think about.
1) We can get out of being sick and tired. We are the only ones that can change the state of our affairs. The answer is change. Change is painful. The pain is necessary to make the change stick so we don’t go back to our own old selves. As the old saying goes – we cannot take our old selves to a bright new future. Change is a must to if we aspire to live a meaningful life.
2) An attitude check is a great place to start. It is how we see things that matter. It is not what happens to us but how we internalize what happens to us. It starts with the right attitude, right in between the six inches that separates our two ears. We can change the circumstances that surround ourselves. Start thinking about thinking.
3) We imprison ourselves. We create walls around ourselves, sometime so thick everyone can see but ourselves. Self-deception is rational lies we tell ourselves. Self-talk can lead to self-destruction. Stop listening to the world and to yourself and start listening to the truth. It does feel like hell to be in prison. Tough to admit that we put ourselves there and only we can get ourselves out of that state of misery.
4) Get the right information from the right sources. The process of change start in a millionth of a second and it takes a tiny amount of energy. It is a personal decision. No one can do it for us. It takes courage to take the road less traveled. Dare to go through the unbeaten path.
5) Shut off the negativity channels coming in. The media bombards us with information that as a whole enslaves us. Listening to media is a form of addiction. Negativity sells. Pull the plug on all the garbage coming in. Why are we storing all that garbage into our precious and pristine storage space in our brains? Control what goes into your precious space.
6) Help someone in need. Change starts once we take the eyes off ourselves and start helping others. Count your blessings and you will find something good about yourself; something you feel strong about. Then you will go out and listen to the world with different ears. You will realize we are all messed up in some areas of our lives. Start loving yourself for who you are then you can love others for who they are. It is love for others that helps to heal our own wounds.
7) Chase significance and get joy. Life starts with purpose and ends with legacy. We were all created for a purpose. Start there! Be patient with yourself as this is a process and it takes time. Listen to the whispers coming from deep inside you. We all can go from the daily grind, to happiness to joy. We only start living the day we discover our purpose and start living it. A great life journey is like a big wheel. Purpose sets us in motion in the right direction. Eventually inertia and momentum take hold and things start to happen.
What is your legacy going to be?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)