1) As humans we can greatly enhance our lives by going from a reactive to a proactive stance in life. It is all about how we experience and perceive our life events learning from and not being a victim of what happens to us.
2) Be open and reflective about your awareness and challenge your perceptions; illusions are traps we can get out of.
3) Our health state is determined by our internal reactions to the external environment. Our emotions produce chemical signals causing our genes to express our desires. How we think and feel impacts our genes’ expressions. We can transcend the limitation of our genetic makeup.
4) Our attitude is directly related to our expression of life. We project ourselves onto others. Our own thoughts can imprison or liberate us.
5) Our beliefs and perceptions determine where we end up in life. Our feelings are the end products of our experiences. We can choose where we end up in life. The environment should not hold you captive.
6) Emotional intelligent people know how to have the emotional experience then they let it go. Real change only starts when we realize we are part of the problem.
7) Remember that only mediocre people are at their best all the time. Great minds are constantly dealing with failures and inadequacies from breaking its limitations.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)