When example is not enough
1) People unwilling to accept responsibility for their actions soon join the mediocre. Mediocrity is boring and demoralizing. Will you join those marching against the current to extinguish mediocrity from our land?
2) How well do you know those you lead and what motivates them? What gets people moving is either a dream or a dread.
3) Are you accountable for the development of your team? Inspire others to be self-motivated for a worthy cause.
4) Leading by example is not enough anymore, we must lead by duty. The war on mediocrity requires men and women who see each battle as our duty to conquer, fortify and domesticate. Yes, wilderness, it is a wild world out there!
5) How flexible inflexible are you? Bend the rules but never compromise the principles.
6) It is a waste of time to expect people to do the right thing when they know they can get away with mediocre performance or sub par integrity. Start attacking the systemic problems. Correct the system not the people.
7) People have become so self-absorbed, we must break that trend. Will you endure through the pain and suffering that is required to achieve excellence, something greater than yourself?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)