The Victory in the Defeat
Best selling author Orrin Woodward has one of the best quotes I ever read -
“Find a victory in every defeat to remain hopeful and find a defeat in every victory to remain humble.”
A defeat should never be wasted. Instead of blaming the circumstances learn lessons and prepare for the next battle. The common mind whines and complains. The truth is that defeat happens for us to learn lessons from them. It is in defeat that champions are born. Champions take responsibility and learn from their defeats.
Here are today’s nuggets via questions for finding a victory in every defeat:
1. Did we play against a good opponent? Did the opponent challenge us to become better players?
2. What lessons can we learn from this defeat? What can we do better next time? What moments of greatness did we have?
3. Did we give our best? Did we leave it all in the field of battle?
4. What could we have done better? Where did we fall short?
5. What good will come out of this defeat? Where do we need to work on to prevent this from happening again?
6. How can we turn this defeat into positive energy? Can we see a victory in this defeat or do we see another defeat?
7. How can this defeat increase our resolve? How so?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)