The Most Valuable Thing in the World
What is the most valuable thing in the world?
What would you pay the most for?
What would give you the highest return in your investment?
The answer my friends is the RIGHT INFORMATION.
Yet, most of us don’t want to pay for the right information. We want it free. Yes, we want it for free. The right information is worth paying for. We live in the information age, so information abounds; the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Want to change your life? Start by getting the right information. The only way to change our results in life is to get the right information, apply it immediately, and persist in its application until we get the results we deeply desire.
Why is the right information so valuable? The right thinking starts with the right information. We become what we think. Seeking and getting the right information is the first and the most important step used for thousands of years by those that left remarkable legacies for us. So what is the process used by wise people to create a rich legacy?
Here it is folks:
1. Right information. Information is just data. It comes in bits and pieces, in simple nuggets of truth. Take the information and organize it, study it. Reflect upon it, ingest it, and digest it. The right information fuels our dream. We know our dreams must be kept alive. Our dreams only come true if we peep chasing them. How bad do you want your dreams to become reality? How hungry are you to get the right information? There is no big and lasting success without fanatical hunger. How emotionally connected are you to your dream?
2. Right thinking. The right information fixes our thinking turns into knowledge. However, knowledge per se is absolutely worthless unless we apply it. Applied knowledge is power. Take time to think upon the application of knowledge and things will start changing. Thinking is the most valuable activity and it is available to anyone, anywhere, and at any time. It takes strong faith and courage to go to the next step. How well can you see your dreams with your mind? Belief is the main component of faith. Build your belief a little by little until you are ready to pull the trigger. Remember deciding to do and actually doing are two different steps.
3. Right actions. Decide and act. It takes courage to act. Decide what you are going to do with your life and act accordingly based on a sound foundation. In life there is not try; only do. Why be a bystander and living frivolous watching others win? You can play the game and win? Proper thinking leads to proper actions. Decisions and actions produce results that compound over time. The right actions produce the right results and the wrong actions produce poor results. Here is where the rubber meets the road, actions. Never let fear stand in the way of the right actions. Action kills fear, yes this is pure and simple truth.
4. Right results. The right results are a big self-esteem booster. You want great results, don’t you? So take a look at your results and face them squarely. Don’t forget anything worth doing it is worth doing it poorly at first. Only those that are willing to be bad at first we the chance to be great later. What is your scorecard of life saying to you? Are you happy with your results? Remember you may have to go back a step or two in the process to see where you goofed up. Be willing to change if you don’t like your results. Fire your ego and get a mentor. A mentor can bring perspective in your life and help you see what you cannot see. A mentor knows you are better than you think you are and that is a very big deal. Never give in to whatever obstacles come your way. Master step 4 and you will feast on your dreams. Many quit at the beginning, some quit at the middle, and others quit just before the victory. Quitters never win and winners never quit. Here is where we have to go deep into the chambers of our hearts and dig what God has put in there. You can win as long as you believe and do the work. Turn negativity, rejection and poor results into positive energy and you will get the results to win, and win big.
5. Right habits. Repeated actions produce results and results create habits. Winning is a habit and unfortunately so is losing. Winners typically lose more than losers. Winners are willing to play the game of life making adjustment until they are happy with their results. Habits are hard to break, because we are already in the 5th step of a 7 step process. The only way to break a bad habit is to replace it with a good habit. Once we get some positive results in our endeavors, it is easy to camp and slow things down. Momentum is a powerful force. There is no plan B for success and there also is no back door. Are you willing to face the poor results and change?
6. Right character. The right character comes from accumulated results from applying wisdom. Wisdom comes from repeating the right actions over and over. Only applied knowledge has the potential to turn into wisdom. Don’t you want to become wise? This is why the right information is so valuable. If you have character flaws, which we all do, we are all humans, then go back to step one and get the right information to correct that flaw. Most leaders don’t fail because of lack of knowledge; leaders fail because of character flaws. Every one of the steps above need to be learned. We are not born with any of them. The beauty is that the right information to get here and to the final step is available to anyone willing to pay the price and leveraging it.
7. Right legacy. What is your legacy going to be? What will you be remembered by? What memories do you want to leave in the minds of those your life has touched? What marks will you leave where you have been? Step 7 will take care of itself if you follow steps one through 6. Now you know the process used by those that have left rich legacies that we have all enjoyed. Be willing to get the right information and do something with it.
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)