Sense of Urgency
Are you focusing on the urgent or the important?
Here are today’s nuggets on having a sense of urgency:
1. Priorities. Most people do not have a schedule to follow. They just live day by day, by the seat of their pants. Are you following your calendar where you determine your priorities or are you letting the world dictate where your time is going?
2. Fanatical Focus. Only the fanatics achieve greatness. Are your focusing on the few important goals or are you chasing the trivial many goals? Be fanatical about your freedom. Fight for your freedom and the freedom of your loved ones.
3. Purpose in Crisis. It is in our crisis that we find our purpose. It is in our suffering we find our greatness. Are you finding your purpose and greatness in your crisis and you’re suffering or are you becoming a victim of them?
4. Action. Action conquers fear. How come you have not started yet? Why so many people hesitate to make simple decisions? Make good decisions once, and then manage them. Deciding and acting are two different attitudes of the mind.
5. Business or Busyness. What are you so busy about? Who is running your life, your business? Focus on what matters most if you want to live a significant life, the life you want to live, not the live the world wants you to live.
6. Urgent to Important. How do you go about sifting through all that is in front of you to select the important few from the urgent many? Use a prioritizing system to arrive at doing what moves you towards your goals and dreams. The urgent screams while the important whispers at you.
7. The Routine. Following a great schedule turns into a productive routine. Are you a slave to a productive routine or is the world encroaching on your schedule? Use your blessings for a purpose not your pleasures.
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)