In the Game – Part 2
Do you have the essential qualities of a great team player?
Great players win games, great teams win championships.
Are you playing your game to the best of your abilities?
Here are today’s nuggets on being a valuable teammate:
1. Enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is contagious. Do you have unwavering belief in yourself and show it to your teammates? Show anticipation and a sense of urgency.
2. Intentional. Are your plays counting when the team needs them to count? Victory is an intentional attack in the status quo. Are you leveraging your strengths to the fullest?
3. Consciousness. How is your constancy of purpose going? Do you have clear pictures of your plays? Know your teal goal. Are you translating your pictures into reality?
4. Preparation. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. It is a lot easier to prepare than to repair. Be prepared and your chance will come. Are you learning from your mistakes so you can prepare to anticipate your shining moments?
5. Relatability. Respect everyone and gain the trust of your teammates and your coach. Are you reciprocating what others do for you? Ask good questions and you will make your teammates feel valued and important.
6. Self-improvement. Improve yourself with the purpose of elevating your team. Haw hard are you working to improve by preparing, reflecting, and practicing to master your plays, your crafts?
7. Valuable. Are you enlarging your team? Does your team play better when you play? How much better do you help your team play? Add value to your teammates by adding the most value to your plays.
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)