Suffering from Excusitis?
Excusitis is the number one failure disease.
Successful people cure this horrible disease and therefore only have minor bouts of it.
Successful people make fewer excuses. At the moment we make excuses we lose the ability to solve our own problems. Are you a salesman of solutions or excuses? Do you buy into other people's excuses and become a salesman of those excuses?
How do you diagnose this devastating disease? What is the best treatment for Excusitis?
Today’s 7 Daily Nuggets address these two questions.
1. Health excuses. Focus on the cures not the problems. Are your health excuses creating your own poor health? Most of our health problems come because we bring them into ourselves, into our minds then into our bodies.
2. Education excuses. Educate yourself. We don’t know what we don’t know. We all have to start somewhere. The most well educated people in history had very little or no formal education. Self-education is the only true education. Great books are available to everyone. How are you doing with your daily reading? Use the excuse as a reason to keep your mental faculties sharp.
3. Age excuses. There is no age to stop learning and working. Retirement is overrated. Find something you love to do and do it until you die. There is a whole open world of possibilities that never existed before. Turn your excuse into a reason to change, learn and grow until the day you die.
4. Circumstantial excuses. It is not what happens to us that matters. What we do with what happens to us is what matters. What messages are we telling ourselves what life does not go the way we expected? Learn to re-frame the events and take the lessons they care in them.
5. Family excuses. Is your family holding you back? Who are your heroes? Are your parents and siblings your heroes? Association is just as important as reading the right books. Does your family and relatives have what you want in life? Are they the sail or the anchor in your boat?
6. Time excuses. Are you focusing on busyness or business? Are you spending or investing your time? The only way to have free time is to prioritize the important things in your life. Learn to live by your schedule not someone else’s and you will make time for what matters in your life. Develop good habits and become slave to your schedule. Read the book Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy.
7. Money excuses. Similar to time excuses, money excuses is a very common one. Are you spending or investing your money? How do you view money? Is money your master or your slave? We all seem to find money for the thing we want. Are we investing the money in the thing we need to make the laws of money work for us? Are you investing enough in you and those around you?
Accept responsibility for your life and your problems.
Be a non-complainer and have your attitude in check at all times.
Don’t be wishful thinkers; define what you want out of life, don’t make excuses, take action and cure this devastating failure disease.
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)