DESERVING THE VICTORY – Part 4
Do you have the essential qualities of a great team player?
Great players win games; great teams win championships.
Are you playing your game to the best of your abilities?
Have you done the work to deserve the victory?
Here are today’s nuggets on deserving the victory:
1. Work ethic. Are you willing to go the extra mile? What is your level of commitment? Do the work outside of the field to deserve the victory in the playing field.
2. Physical toughness. Can you handle the stress at the breaking point? Can you do one more time when you don’t think you can? Push the reset button and do again, again, and again - remember the scene from the Movie “The Miracle.”
3. Mental toughness. Can you persevere no matter what circumstances come your way? Will you gain composure or crumble under pressure? Consistently perform at the top of your abilities despite what happens in the field.
4. Emotional toughness. Can you hold yourself together under distress? Are you a victim or a victor from being hit as you play the game? A champion is made outside of the field first.
5. Spiritual toughness. How do you respond to adversity? Can you respond to adversity without losing your spirit? Have an unbreakable spirit.
6. Confidence. Confidence comes from overcoming, from doing what you think you cannot do. Show the confidence of a champion.
7. Faith. Do you have unwavering faith in yourself? Can you clearly see your victory? Have faith in your team. Does your belief, behavior, and belonging demonstrate your faith?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)