Ever thought about why some people get what they want in life and others don’t?
Ever thought about why life is not fair or that life favors some over others?
It is all about the race, the checkpoint race.
Here are 7 reasons why we don't get what we want in life:
1. We don’t define what we want out of life. Life lives us and we don’t live life. The great majority of people don’t take the time to think it and ink it. Those that do pass the first checkpoint in the race.
2. We don’t commit to going after the things we want. We often get involved in things from the periphery. We just don’t put our heart and soul into it. Commitment is the second checkpoint in the race.
3. We fail to plan to achieve our dreams. Goal is a dream with a date. Date every goal. It is better to miss a goal that not having one. This is the third checkpoint in the race.
4. We don’t want to change and grow to deserve what we want. Change is optional and so is success. We let our fears get the best of us. We don’t keep score because we don’t want to face the poor results. We get distracted and trapped. Procrastination anyone? We don’t believe we can achieve what we set ourselves to. This is the fourth checkpoint in the race.
5. We don’t want to do the work required to get what we want. Either we don’t have faith in ourselves or we don’t think we deserve what we are chasing. Work is a requirement. Smart work is going through the checkpoints in the race. Doing the work is the fifth checkpoint in the race.
6. We don’t ask for help. There are so many tools out there to help us. There are people that have walked the path we are walking. Ego comes in the way. We want to be the magic and get all the credit for it. Plain nonsense. Asking for help is the sixth checkpoint in the race.
7. We don’t persist. We give up on ourselves. We just plan quit or fade away. Quitters never win and winner never quit. This is the seventh checkpoint in the race. Just don’t quit, keep the eye on the prize and keep on swinging, sooner or later you will hit it. This is the seventh checkpoint in the race. Congratulations! You are a champion.
The devil is always in details, in the process all the way through, until we finish the race.
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)