Team Player – Part 3
Do you have the essential qualities of a great team player?
Great players win games; great teams win championships.
Are you playing your game to the best of your abilities?
Have you done the work to deserve to play? LUCK stands for laboring under correct knowledge. Apply what you know to be true and your knowledge will turn into action and results. Imagine if we just practiced what we knew?
Here are today’s nuggets on being a valuable teammate:
1. Selfless. Winners keep on giving. Give your best to your teammates. Show the world what you and your team are made of. Your giving will unite your team. Promote your teammates by helping them score. Have you killed your ego yet? If not, do so and bury it deep.
2. Focused. Focus on the solution not the problem in front of you. Do what others think it cannot be done. There is no problem a team cannot solve as long as you work as a united team. Never give up. Stay focused on your master plays. Keep your thinking crystal clear. What is driving you to be who you are?
3. Audacious. Take the chance when it comes to you. Be unique by practicing your uniqueness. Have you gone deep inside you to find the greatness in you? If you haven’t yet, it is time to do so.
4. Tenacious. Be a finisher. Finish the plays you start. Help others to be finishers. In order to win you must finish first. See where you are going and take others with you. Have you given all that you have in you? If not what are you waiting for?
5. Energetic. Is your energy come from the love for the game and for your teammates? Nothing will ignite your teammates more than seeing you pouring you energy in your plays. Pour your energy for pure love for the game.
6. Bold. Keep on shooting at the target. Be an assistant or take the strike at the goal. Is your dream alive, burning inside you? If not, your dream is not real yet. Victory belongs to the bold at heart.
7. Friend. Be a friend so you can have friends. Do you love people where they are at, for who they are? Everyone has their own journey to travel. Help others to enjoy their journey by paving the way for them. We have to love ourselves first if we are to love others. Being tender-heart is strength, not a weakness.
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)