Reading is a powerful habit. Reading expands our mind and fertilizes our spirit. History has that most great leaders were voracious readers. Not all forms of reading produce the same results for the reader. What kind of reader are you?
1. Pleasure. Pleasure and entertainment readers immerse themselves into fictions and novels entertaining themselves from the stories and plots.
2. Pastime. Readers that spend hours of continuous reading. They get so absorbed in their books they don’t even realize time passing by.
3. Improve speaking abilities. Reading expands our verbal skills from the expansion of our vocabulary and multiple ways to articulate sentences.
4. Increase focus. Reading improves memory. Reading exercises our brain and keeps those neurons connected and ready to fire.
5. Expand imagination. Reading fills our imagination with pictures and stories. Our possibilities are drastically expanded by reading the right readings.
6. Reduce stress. Reading improves our knowledge and our memory. Intentional reading can be a great stress reliever.
7. Improve life. This is my form and reason for reading. Reading is a great habit to have. These are the treasure hunters that read with the intent of finding those nuggets of wisdom they can apply in their lives immediately.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy