The Science and Art of Leadership
Leadership is influence. Leadership is character in motion. Leaders are not born, leaders developed through mastering the science and the art of dealing with people and systems. Everything about leadership can be learned. Leadership is more art than science. A leader becomes fit in the following areas:
1. Character Fitness. Integrity and courage fitness. Leaders are continuously working to keep their character fit.
2. Working Fitness. Hard work, smart work, and time are the three elements in the formula for high achievement. Leaders work hard and smart over time to allow the compounding of their efforts to take effect.
3. Time fitness. Leaders value their time more than their money; they use their time and money effectively to live by their priorities.
4. Emotional Fitness. Leaders are emotionally fit and they leverage the power of emotions to make the right things happen.
5. Mental Fitness. Leaders are mentally fit to deal with the adversities and conflicts as they come.
6. Spiritual Fitness. Leaders are spiritually strong and fit. Leaders use the power of prayer and self-talk to stay spiritually strong in the face of evil.
7. Relationship Fitness. Leaders are masters of building and leveraging relationship to make wrongs rights.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy