Leadership matters a great deal because everything rises and falls on leadership.
Here are 10 important words in the life of a leader.
1. Caring. Your followers value your caring above all else. A leader truly cares.
2. Learning. A leader is hungry. The day a leader stops learning is the day the leader stops leading.
3. Integrity. A can be counted on when it counts the most. Leaders are prepared and present during the critical moments, when follower’s lives are at stake.
4. Courage. A leader has the courage to face evil and never surrender. A leader values freedom and liberty and knows that there cannot be one without the other.
5. Conviction. The convictions are held so dear that a leader is willing to sacrifice life without surrendering the right principles.
6. Results. A leader gets results; the results boost the confidence of a leader.
7. Change. A leader is a master at dealing with change. A leader changes and grows from within then leads organization changes (without).
8. Relationship. A leader builds and keeps a powerful network of relationships.
9. Vision. A leader is driven by a vision and a purpose. A leader takes responsibility for creating a better future.
10. Cause. A leader has a meaningful cause and dedicates the life for that cause.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy